About the Crabs
Founded in 1945, the Humboldt Crabs are the oldest, continuously-operated, collegiate, independent, wood-bat, summer baseball team in the country. 2020 will mark the 76th consecutive year of Crabs baseball. The team is currently based in Arcata, California.
The Crabs’ roster is made up of NCAA eligible collegiate players mostly from the West Coast.
(Note: The Crabs are NOT a semi-pro team or affiliated with any farm, minor league or major league teams. Nor are the Crabs affiliated with any basaeball leagues. The Crabs are independent.)
The Humboldt Crabs are a non-profit, community-oriented organization.
Its mission is four-fold:
- To promote family entertainment by providing high-quality summer collegiate baseball games to the public at a reasonable price;
- To provide talented collegiate-level baseball players with a positive summer baseball experience;
- To support youth sports programs (with an emphasis on baseball or softball) in the Humboldt County area with contributions of funding and/or equipment as funds permit in addition to annual baseball skills camps and clinics operated by Humboldt Crabs players and coaches;
- To preserve and build the tradition of Humboldt Crabs Baseball.
Humboldt Crabs Baseball, Inc is a 501(c)(4) community-owned organization. A volunteer board of directors rely on the support of community partners & sponsors to keep the Humboldt Crabs Baseball operation functioning.
The Arcata Ball Park
The Crabs rent the F Street ballpark from the City of Arcata from the start of June until early August. Please email the City of Arcata’s Rec & Parks department for any questions regarding the facility: Rec@CityofArcata.org
Crabs Board of Directors / Feedback
As a non-profit organization, the Crabs rely on a dedicated group of non-paid volunteers for the day-to-day operations. The Board of Directors ranges in size from 12 to 15 individuals and they can always use more! Each board member is responsible for handling many behind-the-scenes tasks that make Humboldt Crabs Baseball possible every summer.
The current Board of Directors was established in 1995 when the team was on the verge of collapse, and a group of local baseball lovers rallied together to save the organization. In the past 20+ years it has turned the team around to the point where it has set attendance records, pulling in an average of more than 34,000 fans in the months of June-Aug. Email questions, comments to the Crabs Board of Directors at HumboldtCrabs@gmail.com or the current Board President, David Sharp at email@example.com
Lost & Found
Lost and Found items are kept at the souvenir stand inside the ballpark, ask a red-shirt staffer to assist you.
For Little League fundraisers, please contact the Crabs Little League volunteer coordinator Robert Jimenez at (707) 496-9487. Group discount ticket prices are available for your team, click here for more info.
Donations / Fundraisers
Please submit a written letter about your fundraiser and/or your non-profit organization with a return address and contact information to the Humboldt Crabs, P.O. Box 4422, Arcata, CA 95518, Attn: Donations. Submit donation request letter 3 to 4 weeks in advance of your event or fundraiser. Our primary focus is to support youth sports programs (with an emphasis on baseball or softball). All donation requests will be considered, but not all will be fullfilled and answered.
General Media Inquiries / Crabs Alumni Contact
If you need general media assistance, call our voice mail at (707) 840-5665 and leave a detailed message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to download the Ballpark Vendor Application form.
* All Humboldt Crabs Baseball clothing is ©copyrighted and trademarked™. Humboldt Crabs Services and all other products offered via Humboldt Crabs Baseball Inc., are the sole the property of Humboldt Crabs Baseball, a non-profit and community organization. Humboldt Crabs Services and all other products offered are for non-commercial use, and you may not distribute, modify, translate, rebroadcast, transmit, perform or create derivative works from them. Anyone found distributing and selling Humboldt Crabs products without prior consent will be subject to legal action. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call (707) 840-5665