2019 Crabs Camps
Youth Baseball Camps for Boys & Girls offered at various locations throughout Humboldt County. Each camp begins includes hands-on involvement by Crabs Baseball Coaches. During the week, Crabs Coach Eric Giacone will direct the squad of several players hand-picked from the Crabs roster for their baseball skills and their ability to work well with kids. Please note: Camp size is limited to the first 90 registrants at each location.
Your Crabs Camp experience will include:
- A fun week of baseball skills instruction by Crabs Coaches and Players
- An authentic Humboldt Crabs Baseball Camp Tee Shirt (distributed at camp)
- Adult and child tickets to see the Humboldt Crabs! (See details below)
TWO LEVELS OF CAMPS ARE OFFERED:
$50/Three-Day (9am – 12pm) ROOKIE Camps for ages 6-8:
- Monday, June 24 to Wednesday, June 26: Arcata Little League Park
- Monday July 8 to Wednesday, July 10: McKinleyville Hiller Park
- Monday July 15 to Wednesday, July 17: Fortuna Newburg Park
- Monday, July 22 to Wednesday, July 24: Eureka Redwood Fields
$100/Five-Day (9am – 1pm)* MVP Camps for ages 9-14:
- Monday, June 24 to Friday, June 28: Arcata Little League Park
- Monday, July 8 to Friday, July 12: McKinleyville Hiller Park
- Monday, July 15 to Friday, July 19: Fortuna Newburg Park
- Monday, July 22 to Friday, July 26: Eureka Redwood Fields
Camp Descriptions & Details:
Rookie Camps (approximate ages 6-8)
Rookie camps are for buys & girls ages 6-8, just getting started in their baseball careers, not quite old enough for the weeklong camps but who still want to get out on the field with their heroes. Campers should bring a water bottle and snack to camp. Campers will receive 4 Humboldt Crabs youth tickets and 2 Humboldt Crabs adult tickets. These will be available for pickup in the ticket booth with ID of cardholder who purchased Crabs Camp. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
MVP Camp (approximate age 9-14)
MVP Camp is for boys & girls ages 9-14 who want to learn all defensive positions and have a chance to play, learn, and improve at the position of their choice. Baseball offense, hitting, bunting, and base running, is taught from the ground up. Teamwork, sportsmanship, and communication are stressed. Group instruction, game situations, team games and practice with pitching machines are some of the activities the camper will experience. Campers should bring a water bottle and a lunch to camp. Campers will receive a Humboldt Crabs youth season pass and 10 Humboldt Crabs adult tickets. These will be available for pickup in the ticket booth with ID of cardholder who purchased Crabs Camp. Email email@example.com to make other arrangements.
For questions about camps please email our volunteers at firstname.lastname@example.org.