Crabs Code of Conduct
Important: COVID-19 Information
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you and our employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Arcata Ballpark. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Arcata Ballpark, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
As required by California directive, the Arcata Ballpark is only welcoming in-state visitors in parties of a single household only at this time. We will provide additional information about who may visit as it becomes available. Visit https://covid19.ca.gov/ for current state orders and updated information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter the Arcata Ballpark. By entering the Arcata Ballpark, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party are not:
- Experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov, including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- In contact with or have been in contact with, someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine
- Under any self-quarantine orders
Guests who cannot confirm all of the above criteria must not enter the Arcata Ballpark. If at any point during their visit, a Guest does not meet all of the above criteria, they and their traveling party will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave the property.
The Humboldt Crabs are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment in the ballpark. Ballpark staff will proactively intervene to support a family entertainment environment where:
- Guests will follow the specified policies regarding carry-in items. Guests will allow any acknowledged representative at the entrance gate to check backpacks, tote bags, purses, or other items brought into the ballpark. NO WEAPONS of any kind will be allowed inside the premises. NO GLASS or breakable dish ware will be allowed inside the premises due to safety issues. NO ALCOHOL of any kind. NO BBQs.
- Guests will enjoy the baseball experience free from inappropriate behavior, including but not limited to foul language, abusive language, threatening language, or obscene gestures. Ball park staff may intervene and issue warnings. Guests may be asked to leave the premises if warnings are not heeded.
- The progress of the game will not be disrupted by guests’ actions or unauthorized persons entering the playing field.
- Any necessary intervention with an impaired or intoxicated guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will respect the safety of other guests and field participants; the throwing of any object is strictly prohibited.
- This ballpark is a Tobacco Free Zone. Guests will refrain from smoking in the ballpark in accordance with the Arcata Municipal Code.
- Guests will refrain from public displays of affection that are unsuitable in a public setting and family-friendly environment.
- Humboldt Crabs Baseball reserves unto itself the right to determine what constitutes unacceptable behavior. Any guests that fail to comply with any of the above stated policies are subject to ejection from the ballpark and/or arrest.
Alcohol, Water and Food Policy
- You may bring into the ballpark:
- Sealed, non-glass bottled water containers 32 oz or less
- Food, such as sandwiches, pizza, snacks (no glass or breakable containers)
- Unopened soft-sided single serving juice or milk containers
- Empty, reusable-type, non-glass containers
- Any other beverage not purchased in the ballpark will be confiscated
- Alcohol beverage purchases will be limited to two per purchase, per adult
- Alcohol sales will end two innings prior to the scheduled end of the game (7th inning for 9 inning games), there will be PA announcements and signage regarding this. All alcohol must be drank on the premises
- No alcohol will be served to any individual that presents any signs of intoxication or looks under the age of 21
- Persons wishing to purchase alcohol will have to show valid identification with proof of age (21 years and older)
- Any individual presenting signs of intoxication or impairment will be subject to intervention by ballpark staff and may be removed from the premises
- Removal from the premises of any alcoholic beverage purchased at the ballpark is strictly prohibited