Founded in 1945, the Humboldt Crabs are the oldest continuously-operated summer collegiate baseball team in the country. 2014 will mark the 70th consecutive year of Crabs baseball. The team based in Arcata, California, approximately 250 miles north of San Francisco, and play their home games at the Arcata Ball Park.
• For a 2014 tentative schedule, click here to download a PDF file. Dates and opponents subject to change.
The Crabs' roster is made up of college players from up and down the West Coast.
The Humboldt Crabs are a non-profit, community-oriented organization.
Its mission is four-fold:
- To promote family entertainment by providing high-quality summer collegiate baseball games to the public at a reasonable price;
- To provide talented collegiate-level baseball players with a positive summer baseball experience;
- To support youth sports programs (with an emphasis on baseball or softball) in the Humboldt County area with contributions of funding and/or equipment as funds permit in addition to annual baseball skills camps and clinics operated by Humboldt Crabs players and coachs;
- To preserve and build the tradition of Humboldt Crabs Baseball.
Board of Directors
As a non-profit organization, the Crabs rely on a dedicated group of volunteer Directors for day-to-day operations. The Board of Directors ranges in size from 12 to 15 individuals, but usually has around 13. Each board member is responsible for handling a few of the many behind-the-scenes tasks that make Humboldt Crabs Baseball possible.
The current Board of Directors was established in 1995 when the team was on the verge of collapse, and a group of local baseball lovers rallied together to save the organization. In the past 15 years it has turned the team around to the point where it has set attendance records in three straight seasons, pulling in an average of more than 34,000 fans in the months of June & July.
If you'd like to support the Crabs in some way or reach out to the Board of Directors, please visit our Support the Crabs page.
Members of the Crabs organization (boardmembers, coaches, players) are available to come speak at your gathering, civic club or school. If you are interested, please call us at (707) 826-2333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Profit Donations or Fundraisers
Please submit a written letter about your fundraiser and/or your non-profit organization with a return address and contact information to the Humboldt Crabs, P.O. Box 4422, Arcata, CA 95518, attention Tracy Mac/Crabs Marketing. Submit donation request letter 3 to 4 weeks in advance of your fundraiser. Example items the Crabs can donate to your organization: Gift Certificates, Tickets, Passes, Souvenirs, signed bats and baseballs, etc.
Player & Parent Testimonials
If you'd like to submit a testimonial regarding your experience with the Humboldt Crabs organization, please send us a short paragraph with your contact information to email@example.com.
- Fan Info
- About/Contact Us
- Support the Crabs